Employment Opportunity: Political Assistant, Consulate General of Japan in Boston
The Consulate General of Japan in Boston is seeking a highly motivated, team-oriented individual for the position of Political Assistant. This individual is primarily responsible for conducting research analysis on U.S. political affairs. This is an excellent opportunity for anyone interested in U.S.-Japan relations and International Affairs. Please see below for a detailed listing of responsibilities.
Please note: Candidates must be a U.S. citizen or U.S. green card holder. Screening will begin immediately and will continue until the position is filled.
● Conduct research analysis about U.S. Political Affairs and U.S.-Japan relations (including attending events, seminars, and meetings and generating written content)
● Effective management of our website
● Other responsibilities as required, including jobs related to front office reception and consular services
Essential qualifications and expertise
● Bachelor’s degree or above
● Strong analytical and written communication skills are imperative
● Ability to manage multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment
● Strong computer skills, including extensive experience with Microsoft Word, Power Point, and Excel, and ability to create website articles
● Flexibility and ingenuity
Desirable qualifications and experience
● Japanese language ability(language proficiency may be tested)
● Degree in one of the following areas: Law, Politics, International Relations, or a related field
● Specialist knowledge or working experience regarding research analysis, public relations, or communication strategy
Working Hours and Benefits
Working hours: 9:00 am – 5:30 pm, Monday through Friday (Partially remote during the COVID-19 pandemic). Occasional paid overtime is required as needed. The Consulate General of Japan in Boston offers group health insurance coverage, paid vacation and sick leave. Salary is commensurate with work and academic experience.
How to apply:
E-mail your resume and cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org by February 28, 2021.
Due to the high volume of applications received, only successful candidates will be contacted.