Culture and Education
The Consulate General of Japan has a sizable collection of Japan-related display materials, literature and audio-visual materials for loan purposes.
Who can borrow resources?
The materials can only be loaned to adults living in Connecticut (except Fairfield County), New Hampshire, Maine, Massachusetts, Rhode Island and Vermont. Those living outside of the New England area should contact their regional Consulate.
If you have any questions, please contact the Assistant for Information and Cultural Affairs at:
Consulate-General of Japan in Boston
Federal Reserve Plaza 22nd Floor,
600 Atlantic Ave., Boston, MA 02210
What resources can I borrow?
Please check the materials listed below:
Flag of Japan
Clothing: (Japanese sizes)
|Happi (S, M, L, XL, 2XL)||Yukata (summer||Geta|
Food (Plastic Food Models):
|Zarusoba||Ohanami Bento||Shokado Bento|
|Hagoita (for display)||Kendama||Wanage|
|Taiko||Usu & Kine||Daruma Otoshi|
How to borrow resources?
- Please fill out the request items form and send it to the Assistant for Information and Cultural Affairs at the Consulate-General of Japan in Boston by email, fax, or mailing. You can also submit the form in person.
- Generally speaking, bookings should be made in advance whenever possible and items should be picked up and returned to the Consulate General of Japan office.
- In some cases, items can be mailed, but must be returned promptly, at the borrower's expense, at the end of the loan period.
- Clothing must be washed and ironed before return.
- Bring own boxes and bags for transporting items.
- Bring government-issued ID (not school ID) to ensure entry into buiding.
How long is a loan period?
2 weeks (special arrangements are sometimes possible).