The Tokyo Metropolitan Government will be hosting an accelerator program called “New Tech Business Camp Tokyo” from January 2018 to March 2018. They are looking to invite five non-Japanese companies, with technologies related to AI, IoT, big data, etc., to participate in this short-term intensive program in Tokyo. These companies will be matched with some of Japan’s foremost companies, including Sony and Hitachi, to create a business plan that will bring the three-city plan to fruition. Applications to be chosen as one of these five non-Japanese companies are open until November 3rd 2017.
Details of the program:
- Introductory seminar about the structure of Japan’s manufacturing industry, market trends, and more by industry specialists
- Mentoring/Business meetings between the foreign companies and the Japanese companies
- Creation of business plan by foreign companies for establishing or expanding their business into Tokyo
- Networking events to foster understanding and facilitate business match ups between foreign companies and mentor companies
- Pitch events, both public and closed-door, for foreign companies to present their business plans 9Around 100 guests for public event, 30 for closed door)
- Follow-up support after the program concludes until the end of March 2018, with the Business Development Center Tokyo taking over from April for those foreign companies going ahead with business expansion plans.
Main forms of support for foreign companies:
- Participation in the program is free.
- Free office space will be provided for the duration of the program. Support will also be provided for accommodation and transportation during the 2 month stay.
- No Japanese skills required! Language support and interpreters will be arranged.
- Support from TMG with PR activities in Tokyo.
Applications for the New Tech Business Camp program open September 22nd (Fri) and the application deadline is November 3rd 11:59pm JST (Fri). Selected companies will be announced in December. The program starts in late January and will end mid-March. This planned schedule is subject to change.
Please see the link below for more information about this program and how to apply: