The Fourteenth Japan International MANGA Award
- The Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Japan is accepting entries for the Fourteenth Japan International MANGA Award.
- Entries will be accepted as follows:
- (1) From Monday, April 6th to Friday, July 10th 2020.
- (2) Entries need to be sent to the P.O. Box of the Fourteenth Japan International MANGA Award (MBE193 The 14th Japan International MANGA Award Executive Committee Shinjuku Oak Tower 2F, 6-8-1 Nishi-shinjuku, Shinjuku-ku, Tokyo, JAPAN, Postcode:163-6002) or Consulate General of Japan in Boston (Residents in New England, USA) (22nd Floor, Federal Reserve Plaza, 600 Atlantic Ave, Boston, 02210, Email: email@example.com).
- (3) Eligible MANGA works must be submitted in electronic form (PDF) or printed form
- (4) Guideline for Application(PDF)
- (5) Application Form(Word)
- The Japan International MANGA Award was established in May 2007 upon the initiative of then Minister for Foreign Affairs, Mr. ASO Taro, with the aim of awarding MANGA creators who contribute to the spread of MANGA culture overseas and international cultural exchanges through MANGA. The Award has been presented every year since then.
Among entries, the gold Award will be given to the best work and the Silver Awards to three other excellent works. The awardees will be invited to Japan by the Japan Foundation to attend the award ceremony. During their stay in Japan (generally for 10 days), they will also have the opportunity to exchange ideas with Japanese MANGA creators, visit publishing companies and make an excursion to local sites.
- Application Period:
- April 6th, 2020 – July 10th
- Award Announcement:
- November to December 2020 (TBD)
- Award Ceremony:
- February 2021 (TBD)