Information and Cultural Affairs Section at the Consulate General of Japan in Boston
- Managing the recruitment, interview and orientation process for the Japan Exchange and Teaching (JET) Program in New England
- Publicizing and overseeing the Consulate’s selection of candidates for the Ministry of Education, Culture, Sports, Science and Technology (MEXT) Scholarships
- Building relationships with exchange organizations such as Japan societies, sister city/state organizations, JET alumni, etc.
- Updating databases of contacts
- Managing the Consulate’s collection of loan items
- Maintaining and updating the office’s website and disseminating information through various social media channels
- Organizing events, participating in festivals, etc.
- Supporting the Information and Cultural Affairs Section and the Consul in charge of the department
- Other duties and projects as assigned
Work hours: Monday–Friday 9:00 A.M.-5:30 P.M.
Lunch break: 12:15 P.M.-1:15 P.M.
Occasional overtime is required
The Consulate offers group health insurance coverage, twenty days of paid vacation per year, a number of paid U.S./Japanese holidays, three paid summer holidays, and sick leave. Salary is commensurate with academic and professional experience.
The Consulate is located in the Federal Reserve Building in Boston. It is across the street from South Station, and is easily accessible by the Red Line, Silver Line, and Commuter Rail.
- Bachelor’s degree, with a preference for specializations in international relations, Japanese/East Asian studies, or related disciplines.
- Experience of living or working in Japan highly preferred, especially on the JET Program
- Japanese language skills preferred
- Fluent in English
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to handle sensitive information in a confidential manner.
- Computer skills such as Microsoft Word, Excel, Access etc.
- HTML and webpage uploading experience a plus
- Candidate must be a U.S. citizen or a U.S. green card holder. The Consulate is unable to provide visa sponsorship.
How to Apply:
Please email a cover letter and your c.v. by September 12th, 2016 to email@example.com
or mail your cover letter and resume to:
Attn: Ms. Susan Gill, Consulate-General of Japan in Boston,
Federal Reserve Plaza, 22nd Floor, Boston, MA 02210
No phone calls please