The Consulate General of Japan in Boston will hold the sixth Annual Japanese Language Contest on April 9, 2016. The essay section received 45 entries, while the speech section had 25, all from university and college students studying Japanese in the New England area.
The prizewinners of the essay section are given below. You can see the essays by clicking on this link.
The finalists in the speech section will compete for the top prizes on April 9. Please come to the speech finals, if you have time. For the program and details click on this link.
初級レベル Beginner Division
- 一位 Xueying Xu, Mount Holyoke College
- 二位 Jiadong (Grace) Li, Boston College
- 三位 Soo Jin Choi, Boston College
中級レベル Intermediate Division
- 一位 Tossapol Pholcharee, Bowdoin College
- 二位 Weijia “Vicky” Shen, Boston College
- 三位 Claudia Knox, Bowdoin College
上級レベル Advanced Division
- 一位 Melissa Miura, Bowdoin College
- 二位 Hui Cao, Bowdoin College
- 三位 Ji Hye Kang, Boston College